Music Teacher (Cambridge Curriculum) – Kabojja International School
Organization: Kabojja International School
Duty Station: Kabojja International School, Kampala, Uganda
Kabojja International School is a private co-educational school offering a British curriculum IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and GCE (General Certificate of Education). It is both a Day and Boarding School.
It draws students from East Africa and other neighboring countries in the great lakes Region. It also draws learners from the great Diaspora. The learners enjoy a quiet environment, an international reputation, and excellent studying facilities with professionalism in all programmes. The resident learners are guaranteed accommodation in a homely environment with all home amenities.
Job Summary: The Music Teacher will guide student with song or instrumental music and promote music recognition
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Get acquainted with the students with a variety of tools and give them a brief overview of its cultural significance
- Teach students to find out the different instruments as they look
- Familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of music such as notes, pace, symphony, compositions, chords, scales, rhythm, etc.
- Instruct students to play different songs and jingle pianos, guitars, violins and other instruments.
- Teach students how to coordinate songs with other musical instruments
- Meet students with different music genres like jazz, classical, techno, pop, folk, etc.
- Prepare students to take part in contests by directing students to musical works
- Determine when the student will play the instrument that is turned off or not and help improve it.
- Teach students for music courses, including voices, tones, pace and rhythm skills.
- Train, try and guide students to school and community music programs.
- Carry out classes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Education Board.
- Develop and maintain an effective music education program for students.
- Daily classes for scheduling to control and reheat over a specified period of time.
- Understand the potential and skills of each student, and guide individual students according to their skills.
- Evaluate the performance of students and provide feedback and help to improve their musical skills.
- Retain lesson plans and study materials for students.
- Recommend musical instrument maintenance and repair as needed.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure a productive and disciplined environment during group experiments, practices and performances.
- Collaborate with school management to organize musical programs for civic tasks and school performances.
- Keep track of students in and outside classrooms.
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment for students.
- Participate in curriculum development programs, student activities and lecturers’ committees.
- Participate in workshops, training and professional development programs to maintain professional qualifications.
- Keep track of student grading and attendance.
- Evaluate student development and ensure that students complete their daily tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of Degree in Music
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same field with International School
- Knowledge in Cambridge Curriculum is Desirable
- Skills: Comprehensive musical knowledge, Enthusiasm, Patience, Good communication skills, Good, Teaching Skills, Good organizational skills, Flexibility, Motivate skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th December 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.