NGO Managerial Jobs – Deputy Executive Director – Cross-Cultural Foundation of Uganda (CCFU)
Organization: The Cross-Cultural Foundation of Uganda (CCFU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Line management: Programme Advisor, Board of Trustees.
Supervision: CCFU staff (Programmes and Finance and Administration Officer)
Part of: Management Committee
Support: CCFU heritage advocacy partner organisations, coalitions and other CSOs.
CCFU is a non-governmental organisation incorporated in 2006 to “Promote the recognition of culture as vital for human development that responds to our diverse identities”. CCFU’s work is anchored on 3 programme areas; Promoting a Culture in Development approach, Cultural Rights, Governance and Managing Diversity and Cultural Heritage Preservation and development.
Job Summary: With a growing portfolio of projects, CCFU is seeking the services of a Deputy Executive Director in charge of programmes, whose main tasks will be to oversee the Foundation programme activity implementation and to ensure efficient day to day running of the organisation. The Deputy Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for programme implementation and staff supervision.
The incumbent will deputise the Executive Director by supporting leadership to ensure effective policy and programmes implementation, efficient resource utilisation and supervise staff and operations at CCFU.
The jobholder will also provide technical support and ensure quality programmes implementation
The Deputy Executive Director will support resource mobilisation, partnerships and networking
- Support coordination of CCFU’s Policies and programmes in line with the organisation’s mission and objectives at national and international level
- Staff supervision and programme technical support
- Organisational capacity development and utilisation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Management support and Leadership:
- Contribute to strategy development and strategic visioning for the Foundation in line with the local and international contexts.
- Organise the review of the organisational strategic plan 2020 – 2025 to enhance the Foundation’s mission, vision and image
- Contribute to the efforts to finance the strategic plan
- Keeps abreast with developments in the fields relevant to CCFU’s activities, present and future
Programme management, supervision and coordination
- Coordinate, supervise and oversee programme activity implementation and participate in their evaluation
- Lead decision making on programme development, partnership agreements and reviews and improvement measures
- Supervise the performance of programme staff
- Support to the efficient and effective use and deployment of human resources to implement the organisation’s programme activities
- Lead the implementation of at least one (1) heritage development project
- Support the Executive Director in enforcing the organisation’s set quality standards, policies and guidelines
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of ctivities of the organisation’s programmes
Operations management and resource mobilisation
- Lead the management of procurements and operational management of the organisation
- Participate in periodic budget monitoring and planning sessions
- Contribute to the organisation’s resource generation drive and efficient and effective use of its resources
- Support the Executive Director to ensure timely, accurate and quality financial and narrative reports complying with donor requirements
Training, Research, Advocacy:
- Oversee the methodology and implementation of training, research and advocacy initiatives
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of field activities related to research, training and advocacy
- Lead the implementation of the organisation’s national level advocacy activities and movement building
- Provide technical support to programme staff implementing research, training and advocacy initiatives.
Programme and institutional support
- Support in the accountability to, and, preparation for the Board meetings
- Represent the Executive Director at national and international fora and media engagement when delegated
- Participate in CCFU’s periodic planning sessions, budgeting, reporting and monitoring as well as staff meetings and retreats
- Support the Executive Director to prepare and ensure all statutory and donor reports meet the required standards and submitted within the stipulated timelines.
- Contribute to the visibility of CCFU’s work and enhancement of the Foundation’s image
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in heritage studies is the most desirable and in the alternative, a degree in social work and social administration or anthropology studies
- At least five years of working experience in an NGO setting with senior leadership role especially in Uganda
- Must have passion for culture and working with culture to promote development
- Experience in managing multiple programmes and organisational management skills
- Knowledge in managing donor relations and operation requirements
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with ability to decipher macro and micro issues in the related fields of operation
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to build and work in a team
- Personal integrity and accountability
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a motivational letter and CV to email@example.com
NB: For further information, visit www.crossculturalfoundation.or.ug/vacancy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th September2020