No Experience Administrative Assistant Job Opportunities – Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Organisation: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will undertake administrative functions on behalf of management to manage and control institutional resources and stakeholder interests.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To handle the day-to-day communications for the executive director or managerial employees in the organization
- Maintain and upkeep office equipment and furniture
- Follow through on maintenance agreements and contracts
- Ensure timely payment of utility bills
- Prepare order and maintain office supplies
- Organize meetings between staff and other partners
- Maintain calendars, schedules and coordinate travel arrangements
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings and keep management informed of activities in the field
- Prepare and distribute correspondence
- Prepare, issue and reconcile fuel voucher
- To operate as the organization’s gatekeeper because almost everything crosses her desk first
- To answer calls, take messages and schedule staff and management meetings
- To open and sort mail and deliver it to the appropriate personnel
- To respond to email inquiries or route them to the appropriate department
- To create draft communications for the executive officers overview
- To maintain electronic and paper filing systems for administration of the organization
- To keep the office organized and running efficiently
- To Manage Office equipment such as printers, cameras, Computers, projectors and copiers that fall under her purview.
- To handle office equipment failures and calls repair technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in office administration from a recognized/ reputable institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Management, from a recognized and reputable institution is an added advantage.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Good computer skills in MS office and Basic internet applications.
- Supply Management and Inventory Control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to represent and report writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, Power Point presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail merges, labels, name tags, charts and graphs, pivot tables, presentations with animation and sound.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents addressed as below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com
The Executive Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA),
P.O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Deadline: 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE