No Experience Assistant Procurement Officer Jobs – Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Organization: Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To facilitate smooth bidding processes and properly store all procurement records
- and information on suppliers/ Consultants/ contractors.
- Prepare solicitation (bidding) document
- Distribute the solicitation documents
- Receive and register bids.
- Attend to inquiries from bidders and suppliers /consultants/contractors.
- Properly keep procurement records and information on suppliers/consultants/contractors.
- Notify bidders of the outcome of the bidding process.
- Preparing periodic reports for the Contracts Committee and Procurement and Disposal Unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold an Honors Degree in Procurement /Purchasing or related field from a recognized institution.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory laws is an added advantage
- Ability to work as a team
- Interpersonal skills,
- Communication skills
- Proven ability to meet timelines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications using this link, Click Here and upload their full details of your biodata, education, qualifications, work experience, and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to;
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Deadline: 18th May 2020 by 17.00 Hours EAT.