No Experience Driver Jobs – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistician
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Driver should be highly trained with a valid driving license and understanding of the mechanics of a vehicle. The person in the position shall have a correct attitude in the traffic, sensible conduct of driving in different terrains and respect for the authorities and traffic laws in general. The two main objectives for the driver are 1) the safety of the passengers and 2) the flawless condition of the vehicle at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the assigned vehicle in a correct and sensible manner in adherence to this job description, weather and road conditions at all times.
- Adhere to the maximum speed limits for DRC/DDG vehicles – 50km/h on a dirt road, 80km/h on a tarmac. When the road conditions are poor, drive as slowly as necessary to facilitate safe passage to the passengers and ensure no damage to the vehicle.
- Maintain the vehicle and the vehicle equipment in perfect shape and report any issues with regards to repairs, need for re-supply or damages, to the Logistician.
- Provide overall maintenance services to the assigned vehicle or any other DRC vehicle in coordination with the car owner. This includes minor repairs of vehicles and vehicle equipment.
- Maintain and update all transport records including vehicle logbooks, maintenance and service records in coordination with the car owner and the Logistician.
- Report the need to top up fuel card when balance is half tank.
- Perform any other vehicle logistics related task instructed by the Logistician or Project Manager.
- Where appropriate, maintain the vehicle communications (HF, VHF) in accordance with the call signs, terminology and radio discipline provided by DRC. Report any non-functioning communications equipment to Logistician.
- Up hold DRC’s International Code of Conduct.
- Offer support in carrying out small logistics and administrative tasks as instructed by the Logistician.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Driver job placement should have relevant qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
Deadline: 23rd May 2018