No Experience Finance and Administrative Assistant Job Opportunities – DVIC Investments Ltd
Organisation: DVIC Investments Ltd
Duty Station: Seguku, Entebbe Road, Uganda
Reports to: Head Investments
Deep Voice Investment Club is a member owned entity with various savings and credit scheme exclusively for her members. DVIC investments Ltd is a company limited by shares and incorporated in Uganda and it is the investment arm of Deep voice investment club. The company has business interests in real estate; trade in Agro-produce; Agricultural enterprises, among others.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide secretarial and administrative services / support to the club leadership and company directors
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of the club in the maintenance of members’ financial records.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers and members via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Prepare cash and cheque payments for bank; totaling and recording the deposit amounts, filling out deposit slips and bundling the funds and slips; making deposits at the bank
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted by the 8th day of the month
- Reconcile Bank statements by the 8th day of the month
- Be the focal point for petty cash approvals and replenishment processing.
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolve collections by examining customer/member payment plans, payment history, credit line; in consultation with the CFO
- Process monthly payroll for approval by the CFO by the 25th day of the month
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity
- Prepare for review by the CFO monthly PAYE, NSSF and VAT returns by the 5th day of the month and ensure returns are filled by the 10th day of the month.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Carry out general secretarial duties including minute taking, and circulating/follow up on relevant action.
- Organize and maintain the office diary of schedules and arrange for meetings.
- Maintain oral communication with the company’s clients, members of the company and other stakeholders when requested and authorized by the responsible officer.
- Maintain filing systems for incoming and out-going mails of both confidential and routine correspondence.
- Tasked with maintaining proper storage and safety of Administrative files to ensure that documents are rightly arranged filed and are without errors.
- Draft correspondence as required by the supervisor.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assist the committee of Deep Voice Investment Club and Directors of DVIC Investments Limited in marketing activities.
- Any other activities assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance and Administrative Assistant job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Banking and Finance, from a recognized Institution OR a Diploma in any related field from a recognized institution.
- Good Office Management skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent People Skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and technical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidentiality, interpersonal skills and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer electronically to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should be addressed to the Head – Administration, Deep Voice investment club.
Deadline: 17th September 2020