No Experience Librarian Job Opportunities – Ministry Of Public Service
Organization: Public Service Commission
Placement Organization: Ministry Of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfillment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each year’s performance of its functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Librarian for performing the following duties:-
- Classifying, cataloguing, indexing and abstracting library materials;
- Operating Current Awareness Service (CAS);
- Editing reports, newsletters and other publications;
- Facilitating access to Library materials and offering reference services to users;
- Advising on selection and procurement of information materials, equipment, stock development and use;
- Compiling and maintaining relevant bibliographies or bibliographic databases and union catalogues;
- Maintaining the Library according to the stablished standards;
- Any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science obtained from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online, Click Here
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Deadline: 2nd December 2020