No Experience Marine Inspecting Officer Job Opportunities – Ministry of Works and Transport
Organization: Public Service Commission
Placement Organization: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfillment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each year’s performance of its functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Personal Secretary for performing the following duties:-
- Drawing up and monitoring programmes, activities and appointments in conjunction with relevant Officers;
- Taking dictation, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work;
- Attending to callers, either in person or on telephone;
- Ensuring timely responses to enquiries and correspondences to and from the office;
- Receiving incoming mail and supervising the dispatch of outgoing mail;
- Organizing meetings, taking minutes and conveying decisions of such meetings to the relevant Officers/Offices;
- Ensuring that relevant documents for meetings and speeches are produced on time and that they are properly organized;
- Drafting letters of routine in nature;
- Providing Office Managerial Services which include: ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office, managing records in accordance with established security and records management procedures, requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment and;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies; or Office and Information Management obtained from a recognized University/Institution.
- Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online, Click Here
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Deadline: 2nd December 2020