No Experience O’ Level Office Assistant Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Code: OA-X002
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Job Summary: The office assistant will be accountable for the routine cleaning of the Translational research laboratory (TRL) at IDI, transportation of samples and documents as required
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean the laboratory daily as required.
- Receive and record samples in the laboratory reception book.
- Deliver results to respective clinics or study teams as required.
- Transport samples as required.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the laboratory
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have UCE/ O-level certificate
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Have basic computer skills
- Follow all laboratory safety guidelines and the use of personal protective equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations
- Ability to handle all equipment and supplies with care and in a cost-effective manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address . Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 9th August 2020