No Experience Records & Information Officer Job Opportunities – Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA)
Organization: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior ICT Officer
The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA) was established under section 14 of the Insurance Statute 1996 now The Insurance Act, (Chap213) Laws of Uganda, 2000 (Insurance Act) which came into effect on 4th April 1996 and commenced operations in April 1997. The establishment of the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda was a consequence of Government’s adoption of the liberalization and privatization policies which ended its role of directly engaging in the provision of goods and services and taking on the role of supervisor or regulator.
Job Summary: The Records & Information Officer will mainly organise and maintain the Authority’s registry and official documents, proper and secure storage of records, disposal and retrieval of recorded information efficiently to users as per IRA’s policy and procedure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and submit a library database for IRA’s documents and records.
- Keep and maintain the Authority’s Registry and Library and official documents, records and literature.
- Maintain an effective documentation and filing system through indexing, referencing and filing as may be necessary.
- Control the file movement within the Authority.
- Manage the duplication, scanning, etc. of documents.
- Maintain a well-managed Library for ease of reference and retrieval of information.
- Participate in the procurement process of office supplies, consumables, services and equipment by identifying the required consumables.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Confidential and retrievable information from the registry.
- Completeness of documents.
- Timely and accurate typed correspondences disseminated to relevant staff and Offices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA) Records & Information Officer job placement must hold a Bachelors (honors) Degree in Library and Information Science or any equivalent qualification from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Personal presentation
- Knowledge of records management software applications
- Knowledge of library management practices
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous skills
- Familiarity with information systems/archives.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the requisite qualifications should submit their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs with at least three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road, Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 7th September 2020 by 5:00 pm