No Experience Stores and Logistics Officer US NGO Jobs – Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Office Administrator
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Stores and Logistics Officer will manage the stock and inventory for the Foundation stores both on site and off site. The role includes keeping up to date record of all inventories in stock. The job holder will be in charge of verifying all goods before receiving them and recording them into stores records. Stores and Logistics Officer will be responsible for preparing all dispatches to the field and periodically reporting these dispatches to management. The job holder will ensure all assets are properly engraved before delivery to the recipient. The job holder will keep an updated Assets records for property in facilities and in the program office. The job holder will be expected to keep the stores neat and orderly for access and efficient management. The holder will produce periodic reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and record all procurements and disbursements.
- Track all dispatched items to ensure that they reach their final destinations and also track the incoming goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain stock levels and maintain these at the required levels.
- Issue stocks as requested and ensure they are properly authorized.
- Ensure the safety of items in the store and that only authorized staff access the store.
- Maintain an orderly and up to date documentation and filling system of the stores documents.
Keep up dated inventory of equipment, furniture and other assets of EGPAF that are at the office and with beneficiaries.
- Ensure proper arrangement and clean storage area with shelves labeled properly.
- Carryout periodic stock taking.
- Make stock variance reports to Senior Office Administrator.
- Periodically report expired stocks to senior management team and arrange for their disposal.
- Make regular report about movement and general stores operations.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the EGPAF Stores Officer job must hold a degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics management or stores management any other business related field.
- Knowledge in computer operation in packages such as Microsoft office packages.
- Experience in working in medical stores will be an added advantage.
- Application of supply chain management techniques e.g. re-order levels, ABC or Pareto Analysis.
- Skills in inventory management.
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Good team player.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to this address;
The Senior Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, P.O. Box 21127, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: UgandaRecruitment@pedaids.org
Deadline: 28th June 2019