O’ Level USAID Project Jobs – Office Assistant/Cleaner – Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Organization: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Reports to: Sr. HR & Administration Manager
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
About Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs:
Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is a leader in strategic communication and research that facilitates access to information and exchange of knowledge to improve health. CCP has more than 60 projects that employ staff in more than 40 countries around the world. CCP has unparalleled experience as a global center for Social and Behavioral Change excellence. Through its projects, CCP harnesses the power of social and behavior change communication to encourage the adoption of healthy behaviors in the projects implemented worldwide.
The Social and Behavioral Change Activity (SBCA) is a five-year program implemented through a cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Uganda) and Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). The vision of USAID’s Social and Behavioral Change Activity is a Uganda where individuals and communities are not just healthy, but resilient, supported by strong adaptable systems and institutions to lead productive lives. The SBC Activity supports the Government of Uganda (GoU) and US government (USG) implementing partners to design and implement Social and Behavioral Change (SBC) communication initiatives that contribute towards reduction in Maternal and Child mortality, Malaria prevalence, Total Fertility rate, new HIV infections, TB prevalence and improved Nutrition out comes, resilience and improved SBC systems and expertise.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant/Cleaner will ensure that the office and surrounding area is clean at all times. He/she will offer administrative support as described below.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning all offices. This includes general tidiness of office furniture, mopping floor, corridors, wiping desks, arranging desk, wiping cupboards, windows, cleaning telephone receivers, dusting for cobwebs, dirt and debris, etc.
- Ensure that washrooms are clean and necessary supplies are available such as toilet rolls, soap, clean and toilets towels are changed and cleaned everyday as often as needed.
- Ensure thorough cleanliness of the kitchen area and supply the adequate supply of kitchen items daily (e.g. soap, cleaning supplies, utensils, dishware, etc.) and report any maintenance requirements or shortages immediately to the Admin Officer.
- Ensure sufficient drinking water is available for staff.
- Notify Admin Officer of the need for pest and rodent control or fumigation.
- Report any needed for repairs or maintenance to our buildings to the Administration department.
- Run errands for supplies, materials and other program and organizational needs.
- Use standard office equipment e.g. scanner, photocopier, printer, computer, etc.
- Setup and breakdown in-office meeting space e.g. arranging tables, chairs, white boards, refreshments, etc.
- Provide back-up reception assistance as needed including receiving and directing visitors, answering phones, receiving and distributing mail and packages, facilitate staff communications, etc.
- Monitor and notify the Administration department when generator fuel or Umeme requires replenishment.
- May be responsible for opening the office in the morning and locking after work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Ordinary Certificate of Education (O’ level).
- Three years’ experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Performance oriented.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities independently.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to write clearly and help with word processing using a computer when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience having worked on USAID projects is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted using the web form at the link below