Objectives of Uganda Management Institute
To be a World Class Management Development Institute.
To Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity.
- Enhance the quality, relevance and delivery of competence based education and training
- Generate and disseminate cutting edge knowledge on public administration, management and leadership
- Deliver practical and credible consulting services that address clients’ management, administration and leadership challenges
- Attract, develop and retain high quality staff
- Enhance the Institute’s competitiveness and sustainability
- Strengthen the capacity of support functions to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of UMI services
In pursuit of its mission UMI will be guided by the following values:
- Customer focus refers to UMI’s conviction that the customer/client constitutes the primary reason for the Institute’s existence. UMI’s approach to programme design and delivery, therefore, seeks first to respond to and satisfy identified needs of the different market segments that are served by the Institute. UMI will be guided by the principles of flexibility and providing value-for-money to all its customers.
- Professionalism demands, inter alia, a thorough knowledge of one’s field of endeavor as well as demonstration of skill, high ethical standards, and respect for UMI’s clients and other stakeholders.
- Integrity, transparency and accountability underpin the approach of all Institute faculty, management and support staff to their duties and responsibilities. All institute personnel are expected to be truthful, reliable, and accountable for their actions.
- Teamwork is key to the successful achievement of UMI’s endeavors, right from the sharing of a common vision, mission and objectives, to the mutual support that individuals are expected to extend to one another to ensure cost effective implementation of planned activities.
- Equity and fairness are important principles that underlie UMI’s human resource management and development objectives, policies and programmes. UMI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in implementing a responsive performance-based reward system to attract and retain highly competent and motivated male and female staff. Equity and fairness will also apply to clients’ access to UMI services.
- Innovativeness and adaptability to change are key to continuous improvement. The Institute shall encourage staff to come up with new ideas as long as they help to fulfill the Institute’s mandate. The existing decentralized framework and the planning system, provides the necessary incentives for innovation.
[button link=”https://ugfacts.net/list-business-schools-uganda/” size=”large” color=”green”]List of Business Schools in Uganda[/button]