Oil and Gas Company Jobs – Senior Internal Auditor – TOTAL
Organization: TOTAL Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement the MS Branch Internal Control Framework across the entity:
- Coordinate and challenge the answers to the ELC Questionnaire
- Enforce the effectiveness to Priority Controls (Geo Zone or MS Division) and ensure they are tested on a regular basis
- If need be, write procedures supporting the enforcement of Internal Control throughout the entity, in consistence with the procedures of the Geo Zone and/or MS Division.
Lead communication and training in Internal Control
- Participate in communicating and triggering the appropriation of internal control stakes and principles by the staff
- Attend the meetings with External Auditors re. internal controls matters
Enforce the rules of Segregation of Duties
- Assist with Segregation of Duties mitigating and with authorizations
- Ensure that mitigating actions are followed-up over time: roles are re-assigned, mitigation controls are conducted and tested on a regular basis, together with the relevant hierarchies throughout the entity
Coordinate the global Risk management scheme in the entity:
- If need be, coordinate the Risk mapping of the entity, ensure that the achievement of the relevant action plans is followed-
- Use audit reports as workable information to be circulated to the Management Committee
- Whatever the purpose of audits, ensure that the recommendations are followed-up and report on this to the Management Committee on a regular basis
- After analyzing incidents or malfunctions, warn the Management of the entity on the main possible risks and suggest mitigation measures (including related to the organization) together with the involved hierarchies.
- Make suggestions regarding controls ensuring that the risks are under control
- Coordinate the Business continuity Plan (BCP) and ensure that all related procedures are consistently updated to reflect the current circumstances of the entity and are communicated.
- Participate in the implementation and deployment of the Group Compliance Program and more specifically on matters relating to fraud.
Cross reference the various Internal Control processes (audit, risk mapping, questionnaire, Representation Letter, controls testing status…)
- Identify main internal control weaknesses and follow-up the relevant mitigation action plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the TOTAL Senior Internal Auditor job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and another business-related field
- At least five years of experience regarding Audit matters and relations to Auditors and External Auditors would be appropriate
- Well organised, method-oriented, practical and operational approach of the issues
- Skills in networking
- Strong interpersonal skills, regarding communication, management and diplomacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th March 2020