Oil Careers – Joint Venture Manager – Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Organization: Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Commercial and Joint Venture Management
The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) was established under Section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is; “To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry.”
Job Summary: The Joint Venture Manager will mainly coordinate and oversee all Joint Venture (JV) aspects of UNOC’s operated and non-operated assets across the value chain
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent UNOC within the JV and Government Technical, Financial and Operational meetings to deliver UNOC’s commercial strategy.
- Provide guidance and strategy on JV decisions to support UNOC’s desired outcomes.
- Ensure all JV decisions and approvals are obtained in a timely manner and properly documented, including approval of expenditure, annual work programme & budgets.
- Ensure all reporting requirements under the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements by Operator/Contractor are satisfied.
- Design, implement and coordinate JV management processes within UNOC, ensuring adherence to the terms of the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements as well as with UNOC procedures and ways of working.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Joint Venture Co-ordinator(s) and ensure suitable coverage and management of all JV activities.
- Interface with UNOC’s Corporate Functions and subsidiaries (NPC, URHC) to coordinate UNOC’s engagement strategy with JV Partners across the value chain.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Commercial in developing long term strategy, particularly in regards the strategy and objectives of joint venture participation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) Joint Venture Manager job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in either Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant discipline.
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Law, Petroleum Sciences or any relevant discipline.
- Must have at least 8 years relevant working experience including leading teams, handling commercial negotiations, joint ventures and knowledge/experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets.
- Experience in commercial/business performance aspects in regulated industries is an added advantage.
- Should be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills.
- Have excellent communication and personnel management skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed and signed applications form, download here, together with certified copies of academic certificates addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below. The applications should be delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda National Oil Company Ltd,
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road,
P.O. Box 36316, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 12th July 2019 by 5:00pm