Oil Careers – Manager – Business Development – Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Organization: Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Development and Project Integration
The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) was established under Section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is; “To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry.”
Job Summary: The Manager – Business Development will develop UNOC’s business portfolio in accordance with the Business Joint Venture Roadmap
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate, validate and lead prospective portfolio development opportunities according to UNOC’s Joint Venture Roadmap.
- Use strong strategic and analytical abilities, contractual or industry acumen/experience to identify opportunities to deliver portfolio growth including early assessment of risks and barriers to success.
- Apply UNOC’s phased gate approach to all portfolio opportunities to ensure alignment with UNOC’s decision making processes and deliver projects to a Final Investment Decision.
- Interface and coordinate with UNOC’s subsidiaries (National Pipeline Company & Uganda Refinery Holding Company) and Corporate Functions in delivery of any new business and ensuring project integration across the value chain where required.
- Review and synthesize market intelligence data and information with the objective of informed decision making at Board and Executive level in relation to the JV Roadmap.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Business Development and Project Integration to ensure portfolio development is fully aligned and integrated within UNOC’s strategic planning.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) Manager – Business Development job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Project Management or any relevant discipline.
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Law, Petroleum Sciences or any relevant discipline.
- Must have at least 10 years working experience in the Energy, Utilities, Minerals or Petroleum sector, including management positions handling commercial negotiations and business origination.
- Knowledge and experience of company legal, engineering, development and commercial processes across the value chain.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Natural Resource / Energy Ministries in developing countries.
- Be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills.
- Have excellent communication and personnel management skills, and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed and signed applications form, download here, together with certified copies of academic certificates addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below. The applications should be delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda National Oil Company Ltd,
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road,
P.O. Box 36316, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 12th July 2019 by 5:00pm