Oil Company Jobs – Site Representative Land Acquisition Supervisor (Upstream, Midstream) – TOTAL
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder is in charge of monitoring the Contractor during land acquisition activities, reviewing and authorizing all risk assessments, method statements, and emergency interventions on the site operations.
- Following up contractor’s technical execution during operations as per contract requirements to ensure a safe and efficient delivery of the operations.
- Handling of all the Risk management in the area of operation, ensuring efficient management of operations and preparedness for and management of emergency situation.
- Tasked with providing logistics support to the operations and providing site leadership as the contract Company representative on site.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the TOTAL Site Representative Land Acquisition Supervisor (Upstream, Midstream) job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized institution or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering, Surveying, Project Management, Business Administration, Environment, Social, or Health and Safety. Or a diploma in any of the above fields with 20 years’ experience in management/training with at least 7 to 10 years as an (RSES) Responsible for Safety on Site / Community Tourism Liaison Officer (CTLO)
- Minimum 10-15years experience in survey operations supervision and project management in the oil and gas sector with at least 7 to 10 years as an RSES / CTLO.
- Proven Experience in management of either onshore or offshore site operations. International Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Professional membership with internationally recognized professional bodies in the areas of Quality Health Safety Social Security & Environment (QSSSE) is an added advantage.
- Good Knowledge of the international policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding the oil and gas sector.
- Excellent administrative and contract management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 14th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020