Oil & Gas Careers – Drilling Engineer – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Drilling and Completions Engineer
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Drilling Engineer will report to the Senior Drilling and Completions Engineer and will follow up and participate in the daily monitoring and regulation of drilling, completion and work over operations. He/she will be closely involved in development and production planning and operations by production licensees. He/she will also be involved in reviewing proposals, data, samples and any other submissions made by the production licensees to ensure compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, Production Sharing Agreements and best petroleum industry practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the evaluation of licensee applications/proposals on drilling and completions (directional drilling, casing and string design, completions, fluids and cementing, reservoir simulation technology, sand control etc.).
- Undertake wellsite monitoring of drilling, completion and work over operations to ensure compliance to the various aspects of Uganda’s regulatory framework.
- Review drilling and completions aspects in submissions made by licensees including Field Development Plans and operations and other technical meetings to identify salient issues and advise the Authority to support regulatory decision making.
- Support the review of licensee work programs and budgets related to drilling, completions & work over operations.
- Ensure timely submission of drilling and well testing data by development and production licensees.
- Evaluate and advise on licensee proposals for well maintenance operations and other proposals for optimising well performance.
- Evaluate licensee well proposals and drilling programmes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Drilling Engineer job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical
- Engineering, or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in well site and or production operations.
- Experience in well site and / or production operations is desired
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in relevant industry computer packages and software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 28th August 2020 by 11:59 pm.