Oil & Gas Careers – Social Methods Engineer – TOTAL
Job Title: Social Methods Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder will be responsible for the developing, reviewing, updating or contributing to documents that constitute the Total E&P Uganda Company Management System (CMS): Policies, Manuals, Procedures, Plans, Bridging documents and budgeting and cost control. This may include but not be limited to the community employment procedure, grievance procedure etc. Analyzing and preparing supporting documents for purposes of communication on performance,
- Providing environmental support to Health Safety and Environment activities and global improvement (e.g. referential, reporting, audits, Maestro, ISO14001, trainings, action plans, etc),
- Tracking, reviewing and preparing budget and cost control documentation. Providing assurance through support/validation of reviews and audits that the Company Management System is functioning effectively,
- Preparing summaries of site monitoring and evaluation for key social performance indicator statistics especially those outlined in the ESMPs(Environment Social Management Plans). In addition, undertake daily, weekly monthly reporting and quarterly reporting as required, Checking the quality and consistency of reported data, Supporting periodic reviews of progress on audits and incidents/anomalies corrective actions.
- Participating in H3SE meetings and forums (committees, contractors forums, etc.) as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the TOTAL Social Methods Engineer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in social science studies or related field.
- At least two years’ relevant experience in social and environmental activities and processes in an operational environment (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry).
- Experience in working with company policies, rules and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with environmental and social management systems and relevant reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills and good financial and commercial acumen
- Good Report Writing and computer skills especially Excel.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 14th January 2019