Oil & Gas Careers – Upstream Land Acquisition Manager – TOTAL
Job Title: Upstream Land Acquisition Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder will be responsible for ensuring effective delivery of land acquisition and livelihood restoration and effective engagement with people affected by land acquisition.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation, resettlement and livelihood restoration and ensuring implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance of land acquisition and resettlement activities with national laws, Total standards, and relevant international standards. Engaging relevant Project departments and staff in the successful development and implementation of plans to address permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation and resettlement issues.
- Actively engaging with relevant national and Local Government ministries and departments in approving the Resettlement Policy Framework and action plans.
- Managing the data needed to ensure that any Project’s induced economic and physical resettlement is compliant with international standards. Managing and leading land acquisition and resettlement activities in Uganda for the Tilenga project including the development of one or more Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) and Livelihood Restoration Plans (LRP).
- Defining objectives and priorities for the land acquisition and resettlement contractor.
- Tasked with reviewing the draft social baseline studies reports and RAP/LRP deliverables in the timeframe required. In collaboration with the relevant departments (Environmental, Survey, Community, etc.), keep track of land use issues and provide quarterly reports to stakeholders highlighting any changes and/or needed interventions.
- Interacting with contractor’s management team through coordination meetings in order to help the project progress efficiently.
- Building the Capacity and understanding within the project team of the relevant standards required for land acquisition and resettlement and the key elements that may impact the process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the TOTAL Upstream Land Acquisition Manager job placement should preferably hold a Post graduate degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related studies.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience, in project management in an extractive industry or in management of complex situations or multicultural team or environment.
- In-depth understanding of project Management techniques.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 14th January 2019