Oil & Gas Company Jobs – Chief Accountant – TOTAL Uganda Limited
Organization: TOTAL Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of proper books of account for the company by ensuring monthly and annual trail balance and accounts finalized, complete, accurate, and timely and all amounts fully analyzed.
- Responsible for Accounts payable, bank reconciliations, Taxation, and maintenance of vendor accounts. Tasks include payment authorization, review of postings into the accounting system, accounts analysis, reconciliations with third parties and TOMCard postings and reconciliations.
- SAP accounting system- responsible for companies Chart of Accounts and maintenance of the General Ledger
- Taxation – ensuring accuracy in computations, timely payments, follow-up of tax matters and claims, advise and implementation of changes in tax legislation, management of tax audits by government and tax advisors
- External/Internal audits/consultancies – coordination to ensure properly planned and executed, financial statements finalized, recommendations agreed and implemented.
- Internal controls/accounting processes – Ensuring proper accounting processes & adequacy of internal controls, including preparation of schedules and reconciliations.
- Staff supervision – interview, placement, training, appraisal, motivation,
- Compliance – ensuring compliance with IFRS, and accounting requirements of other legislation, e.g. CO Act
- Responsible for the Quarterly consolidation packages.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the TOTAL Chief Accountant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s
- Degree in Commerce majoring in Accounting or any business related degree.
- MBA, CPA, ACCA and/or Tax Administration qualification will be an added advantage
- At least four years of working experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools, SAP knowledge
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th March 2020