Oil Industry Jobs – Senior Petroleum Engineer – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Technical Evaluation
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Senior Petroleum Engineer will be responsible for coordinating drilling programmes under Exploration and appraisal and report to Manager Technical Evaluation. He / She will be responsible for reviewing drilling plans submitted by exploration companies. He / She will be responsible for field monitoring of drilling operations and ensuring that the licensed companies under exploration comply with the legal framework of the country in addition to the petroleum industry best practice. He / She will also be responsible for receiving, quality controlling and interpreting well data received from oil companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing drilling programmes proposed by exploration companies.
- Responsible for receiving quality controlling and interpreting well data submitted by oil companies.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance of drilling activities of licensees with respect to the relevant laws, regulations and Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs)
- Responsible for monitoring compliance of oil companies to drilling and data submission requirements.
- Supervise field drilling activities of petroleum companies.
- Work with Senior Geologist and Senior Geophysicist in order to achieve prospect evaluation, resource estimation and recommending further exploration or appraisal programmes.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports to Manager, Technical Evaluation
- Plan and budget for resource requirements in the business Unit and monitor the usage to ensure efficiency
- Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under supervision
- Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement
- Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under jurisdiction
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the business Unit
- Implement any other staff related programs as introduced and approved in the organization
- Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Senior Petroleum Engineer job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector in a busy and well-organized institution.
- Proven supervisory experience in the field as well as in an office-based environment.
- Demonstrated working experience in an organization/project with diverse professionals that requires teamwork.
- Good knowledge of the oil and gas policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum exploration in Uganda.
- Excellent communication and business-focused team working skills
- Membership of relevant professional organizations.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
- Track record of training and mentoring others.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 28th August 2020 by 11:59 pm.