Oil Jobs – Reservoir Geologist – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Reservoir Geologist will follow up and participate in the monitoring and regulation of the oil and gas industry aspects of Reservoir Geology. He/she will be involved in monitoring and regulating of the planning and execution of reservoir development activities by production licensees to ensure optimal recovery of petroleum. He/she will report to the Senior Subsurface Geoscientist.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret geological data in relation to fields under development and/or production.
- Receive, validate and analyse well and other reservoir data.
- Support the development and continuous update of in-house geological reservoir models for fields under development and/or production
- Develop in-house petroleum production profiles for the fields under development and/or production to aid in regulatory decision making
- Support the review of licensee proposals/applications for approval about reservoir development and/or management.
- Evaluate production data and generate technical reports and recommendations pertaining thereto.
- Support the evaluation and approval of production permit applications by licensees.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Reservoir Geologist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in physical sciences or petroleum geoscience from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas industry
- Master’s degree in petroleum geosciences from an internationally recognized institution.
- Membership to relevant professional organizations.
- Innovative and with proven high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to interpret and analyse instrumentation diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using of relevant software.
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking skills
- Proven record of outstanding performance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 18th March 2019 by 11:59 pm.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020