The Open University of Tanzania Postgraduate Application Procedure
OUT Postgraduate Application Procedure
ADMISSION PROCEDURES AT THE OPEN UNIVERSITY OF
A graduate program you are applying for may have specific requirements which is
not presented here. Kindly see the details regarding the programmes of your choice
at the Open University and related issues in our current University Prospectus
which is available on our website www.out.ac.tz or at the OUT Centre closest to
you. All the same, the general admission procedures are hereunder.
1. Collect two application forms at the Open University of Tanzania
Headquarters or at OUT Centre which is closest to you. Alternatively,
download the application form from our website at http://www.out.ac.tz/
2. Pay application fee of 30,000 Tanzanian Shillings (for Tanzanian citizens)
to Research and Consultancy Account No. 0111 0101 5604, NBC Bank,
Corporate Branch or 30 United States Dollars (for international applicants)
to NBC Forex Current Account No. 0111 0500 0670, Corporate Branch.
3. Fill in the two application forms (mentioned in the item 1 above).
4. Photocopy your academic certificates and transcript and take the copies
alongside their originals to a notary or a magistrate for certification.
5. Attach the certified copies of your certificates/transcripts (as in item 4) to
the first application form, and uncertified copies of your
certificates/transcripts to the second application form. In case you studied
outside Tanzania, seek certification of authenticity service from the
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), upon which, attach the
resulting document and its copy with your application.
6. Attach a concept note or a proposal if you are applying for a master’s degree
by thesis or a PhD.
7. Send your application to the Director of Research and Postgraduate Studies
by snail mail or by email. The address is:
Director of Research, Publications and Postgraduate Studies,
The Open University of Tanzania,
P. O. Box 23409,
Dar es Salaam,
or Email to: [email protected]
8. Alternatively, send the package of your application to the Director of
Research and Postgraduate Studies by handing it in at the OUT Centre
which is closest to you.
9. Check our website after a month time to see if you are selected to join the
program of your choice.
10. If selected and advertised on our website, collect your admission letter at
Postgraduate Admission Office at OUT headquarters (Block A Building,
Ground Floor – Left wing) or at any OUT centre which is closest to you.
11. Receive detailed program requirements, handouts and time table from your
programme coordinators (their contacts are always provided in your
12. Register for the course into which you are admitted and begin your studies
with immediate effect.
The Open University of Tanzania ( OUT )