Operation Manager Job Placement – CJ Smart Cargo
Organization: CJ Smart Cargo
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CJ Smart Cargo is a one-step intelligent logistics solution provider in the world. Based on its core businesses, such as EPC project logistics, Heavy Lift, Marine Engineering, Logistics, Ro-Ro vehicle and innovative businesses, such as Oversea Warehouse, Factory Relocation, CJ Smart Cargo can provide customized, integrated and intelligent logistic service. It is also the general contractor at the strategy of “One Belt and One Road” and launches the first platform of EPC supply chain to provide the data service for the relative companies of “One Belt and One Road” with the support of government and scientific research institution.
Job Summary: We are looking for an Operations Officer to plan and oversee the Company’s Operations activities and campaigns. The Operations officer will offer technical oversight and coordination over the Operations Department to ensure a harmonious and successful execution and completion of jobs being cleared.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise activities of Operations to ensure that they are hands-on in order to promote hard-work, which is needed for successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients’ demands and deadlines
- Coordinate with transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Help in recruiting competent and hardworking workers to carryout daily operations at the organization and put them through in discharging their duties
- Assign different responsibilities to workers to fasten the job and promote specialization and accountability. This way, non-hardworking workers can easily be identified
- Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the amount charged to clients, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction
- Inform top management of the general needs and requirements in Operations department well in advance.
- Represent the company in business for especially those related to Operations.
- Chair meetings of the Operations department whenever necessary.
- Make monthly or quarterly and annual reports of the department to top management.
- To help the Sales team to make competitive quotations that leads on jobs.
- Outsource efficient Clearing services from external entities depending on the job requirements and specifications.
- Recommend the insurance companies to be used for execution of Customs bonds for the Company.
- To be a signatory to some of the Operational contracts of the Company.
- Any other duties assigned by General Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have experience working in international logistics company & more than 5 years working experience in a Managerial position
- Familiar with international transportation process, it also need have transportation experience in Uganda surrounding countries, such as south Sudan, Rwanda, Congo and also have rich fleet resources.
- Have a good relationship with local ICDs and customs department of URA.
- Familiar with various laws and regulations of Uganda
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs online to the following email addresses; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.