Operations Manager Job Placement – CJ Smart Cargo
Organisation: CJ Smart Cargo
Duty Station: 1st Floor S & L Chambers, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
CJ Smart Cargo is a one-step intelligent logistics solution provider in the world. Based on its core businesses, such as EPC project logistics, Heavy Lift, Marine Engineering, Logistics, Ro-Ro vehicle and innovative businesses, such as Oversea Warehouse, Factory Relocation, CJ Smart Cargo can provide customized, integrated and intelligent logistic service. It is also the general contractor at the strategy of “One Belt and One Road” and launches the first platform of EPC supply chain to provide the data service for the relative companies of “One Belt and One Road” with the support of government and scientific research institution.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager offers technical and advisory oversight & coordination over the Operations and Logistics department to ensure harmonious & successful execution / completion of projects undertaken.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the general Operations, declaration and logistics department of the company.
- Advise and guide the Declaration officers in the execution of their duties.
- Help the declaration team in carrying out there functions when need arises.
- Inform top management of the general needs and requirements in Operations department well in advance.
- Plan and budget for the needs of the operations department.
- Interview and Recommend new employees into the Operations department.
- Represent the company in business fora especially those related to Operations.
- Chair meetings of the Operations department whenever necessary.
- Make monthly or quarterly and annual reports of the department to top management.
- Conduct advocacy and marketing so as to popularize the company and win more clients for the company.
- Help the Sales team to make competitive quotations for leads on jobs.
- Help to identify and hire reliable, competent and cost effective transport companies for delivery of goods.
- Outsource efficient Clearing services from external entities depending on the job requirements and specifications.
- Recommend the insurance companies to be used for execution of Customs bonds for the Company.
- To be a signatory to some of the Operational contracts of the Company.
- Perform any other duties assigned by General Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the CJ Smart Cargo Operations Manager job must hold a Bachelors Degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or related field.
- Should have successfully undertaken and graduated from the EACFFPC course.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of working experience in a Managerial position of a large Organization.
- Effective at Supply Chain Management
- Strong communication skills.
- Good motivational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs online to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st August 2019
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE