Operations Manager US Non-profit Careers – Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will manage and/or coordinate the following operational functions – Logistics, Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Vendor Contracts/Agreements, and Staff Safety and Security – in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage or coordinate operations functions – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
- Support high-quality programming; collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Maintain efficiency and compliance in local and international procurements across all offices while ensuring integrity (accuracy, security) of SCM information systems.
- Ensure proper stewardship of CRS resources, and the optimal utilization and maintenance of program assets and resources including proper inventory controls.
- Ensure high quality reporting that allows for proper tracing and tracking of inventory and assets.
- Ensure that transportation services other than fleet management are appropriate to need and delivered in conformity with CRS policies.
- Perform periodic systems checks in administration, logistics, procurement, Security, and fleet departments in Kampala and sub-offices to ensure compliance with CRS and donor standards, and to ensure responsive support to staff, programs, and partners.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise operations department managers; manage team dynamics, and the development and well-being of direct reports.
- Monitor and assess department’s performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Coordinate compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures. Coordinate response to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
- Help maintain the proper conditions for learning – a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Operations Manager job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
- At least five years of work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Management experience required. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented Travel Required – 15% for field office support.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – OPERATIONSMANAGER only
Deadline: 27th June 2019