Operations Specialist Job Careers – Equatorial Power (EP)
Organisation: Equatorial Power (EP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: COO
Equatorial Power (EP) is an energy company that brings together a consolidated team with a strong track record in renewable energy and access to productive energy projects in Africa. EP operates in Uganda, Rwanda, and DRC and is headquartered in Kampala, with a presence in Kigali and Goma. EP is a developer–investor, as well as an EPC contractor. Its areas of focus include: Off-grid holistic rural electrification via mini-grids; Grid-connected renewable energy projects; and Captive (C&I) power projects for agribusiness and industrial growth.
Job Summary: As Operations Specialist you will lead the implementation of operations for existing and upcoming projects, utilizing an understanding of the productive use value chains and customer needs, whilst supporting management in continuous improving of existing sites enabling smooth running of operations and satisfied customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Acquisition: Leading acquisition of customers on new minigrid locations incl marketing etc according to company operations strategies and processes
- Site Management and Customer Satisfaction: Coordinate field team managing operations of EP’s minigrid and industrial park sites
- Customer Growth: Leading implementation of initiatives to enable growth of communities through the access to energy enabling a sustainable business according to company strategies and approaches.
- Support in building Operational Processes and Systems incl. CRM and management of CRM.
- Supervise Operations teams in the different EP sites and provide guidance and feed backs;
- Analyse operations data to support management of operations across customer operations and liaison with technical;
- Support in creation of operational budgets in line with operations design;
- Contribute to the creation of training materials on operational policies, processes and procedures across multiple countries;
- Dash boarding, basic data insights for operational data;
- Operational reporting
- Support EP with growing the community through sharing ideas and supporting innovation projects on site.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Economics, Business and Administration, or other relevant faculties
- At least 5 years of work experience in fields relevant to the present position
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience with Salesforce.com and/or other Customer Management Software
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Google packages
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English
- Preference for ability in some of the operational site working languages – Luganda, Swahili, French.
- Alignment with EP Purpose and Values incl. Growth Mindset, Standards of Excellence, Team Work Ethic.
- Previous experience in the energy sector is a Plus
Duty station: Kampala HQ with travel to operations sites across current countries (UG, DRC, RW) and potential expansion countries
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC: Liz Ounkunda – email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE