Peace and Security Fellowships for Africans
Peace and Security Fellowships for Africans – Call for Applications. Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars Including MA Conflict, Security and Development; and MA International Peace and Security.
The Conflict, Security and Development Group (CSDG) at King’s College London in partnership with the Africa Leadership Centre (ALC), is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars.
The Fellowships are over an 18‐month period and comprise a rigorous training programme on peace, security and development, which includes a 12‐Month Master’s (M.A.) programme at King’s College London and an attachment to an African University to undertake an independent research project.
The Fellowship programme is designed to expose junior African scholars to the complexities of Security and Development issues facing the African continent.
Funding for this programme has been provided by the Carnegie Corporation.
African Fellowship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- The competition is open to junior faculty members based in universities in Africa from departments of: political science; international relations; history, law, development studies, peace, security and conflict studies, and related departments. Candidates need to show a demonstrable interest in pursuing careers in the field of Peace, Security and Development.
- Previous study or engagement with the issues of Security & Development is not required however candidates must demonstrate a basic familiarity with these issues.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to contribute to work on peace and security in Africa.
- Candidates will be expected to have a clear plan on how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon return to their countries and academic institutions.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Candidates must also be able to demonstrate the following in the application phase: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of excellence; and a value for all forms of diversity.
For more information, scholarship application, deadline and other details, see: Peace and Security Fellowships for Africans
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE