Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (PMER) Manager NGO Jobs – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Job Title: Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (PMER) Manager
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness and Response
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (PMER) Manager for Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness and Response (CP3) will be responsible for coordinating the development and oversee the implementation of systems for planning, monitoring and evaluation of all URCS’ Projects, sharing information and knowledge, in line with URCS’ Strategic plan 2020. The position function is to:
- Work with departments to develop programs and projects work plans and budgets for the National Society in line with the M&E framework guided by URCS strategic plan 2020;
- Participate in development and review of URCS’s policies for institutional development to enhance efficiency in activity implementation;
- Build the capacity of staff in Performance Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation in line with the URCS’ Planning Frameworks;
- Ensures oversight on all Monitoring & evaluation needs, implementation & emerging issues within the scope of the CP3 project interventions;
- To work with branches, communities and stakeholders to ensure that monitoring and evaluation needs in implementation of CP3 project intervention activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate performance monitoring and evaluation work plans for the CP3 programs for activities implemented in communities/branches;
- Participate actively in program/project planning process and budgeting for activities by departments;
- Offer technical support in the performance planning and M&E for departments, Branches in line with URCS’s M&E framework;
- Develop mechanisms to supervise regular data collection on programs and projects implemented in branches;
- Coordinate implementation of baselines surveys, midterm reviews and final programs/projects evaluations of all activities in line with the URCS M&E Framework;
- Provide technical support to departments, branches and partners in reporting and Documentation in relation to key learnings, best practices, implementation models, governance processes and impact realization;
- Prepare and submit periodic program/project activity reports and institution positions papers for management, partners or stakeholders as my be required from time to time;
- Actively participate in URCS fund-raising initiatives as guided by the URCS fundraising strategy;
- Perform any other duties as may be required by your functional supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (PMER) Manager job opportunity should preferably hold a Post-Graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Health information science.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics, or Economics or a related field from a reputable organisation;
- Training in Emergencies and Relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction.
- At least three years of relevant experience in Planning, M&E or in implementation of humanitarian and development projects from a reputable NGO organization
- Sound knowledge and skills in database management and statistical analysis, monitoring and evaluation or public health information management.
- Demonstrated knowledge, competency and professional skills on the public health aspects of infectious disease control, epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response with particular attention to application of an all-hazard approach in the context of the International Health Regulations (IHR), Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) and the use of event based and indicator based surveillance.
- Analytical Skills
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Public speaking and presentation
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Networking, alliance building and stakeholder management
- Good negotiation skills.
- Team building and management
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 22nd January 2018 by 5:00pm
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE