Plant Controller Job Careers – Hima Cement Ltd
Organisation: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Vacancy Code: PCTGSX01
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.” Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda –manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Job Summary: The Plant Controller will spearhead plant financial aspects, support the Country Controller in ensuring compliance with the internal controls at plant level. The Job holder is the finance contact person at the plant responsible for liaison between the corporate and industrial aspects of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring the health and safety of oneself and colleagues by complying with the Company policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations of Occupational Health and Safety at work.
- Lead proactively and co-ordinate cost reduction initiatives. Analyse and estimate the various options and their respective impact, along with their timely follow up during the implementation phase.
- Coordinate, review and validate, with the operational team the actual monthly data, the Mid Term Plan (MTP) and the budget.
- Develop the anticipation mind-set and provide reliable operational and financial Rolling Forecast.
- Ensure that the financial reports are reliable and in line with the company’s accounting policy (LHARP)
- Identify and monitor synergies. Required to propose and estimate the potential savings from synergy initiatives.
- Maintain and develop professional skills. They should be willing to learn and grow his or her ability and skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Bachelors of Commerce qualification from a recognized University.
- Postgraduate qualifications in ACCA and Strong knowledge of the accounting regulatory framework and standards is an added advantage
- At least three years’ work experience preferably in a busy commercial or industrial environment and with good exposure of business processes is an added advantage.
- Self-driven, results oriented.
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is added advantage
NB: Hima Cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Qualified females are greatly encouraged to apply
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Human Resource Manager –Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd
Plot 838, Namanve Industrial Area.
P.O Box 7230Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 1st July 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda