Pool Driver Job Vacancies – Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda)
Organisation: Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University News Updates for 2019 - 2020
Reports to: Administration Officer
Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda) is a wholly-owned government company which is the leading provider of a wide range of postal, logistical, IT and financial services in Uganda with international links to all major postal administrations worldwide.
Job Summary: The Pool Driver will provide transport services. Drive company vehicles to pick or drop employees and deliver important documents to required destinations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company vehicles to the assigned destinations in line with company policies and guidelines.
- Regularly update vehicle log books and keep time when driving company staff to ensure Posta achieves its business objectives
- Support the administration officer in planning and budgeting for the company vehicles and periodic accountabilities in line with UPL finance policies.
- Perform preventive and regular maintenance on the vehicles in line with UPL fleet policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and maintained at all times
- Ensure that vehicle defects are reported immediately to reduce the rate of wear and tear.
- Carry out minor repairs on the motor vehicle.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Business or Management
- Driver’s license with relevant classes
- Certiﬁcate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics preferred.
- At least two years of driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Driving skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CVs and certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates to:
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration,
P.O. Box 7106 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 25th February 2019