Principal Election Officer / Election Management Employment Opportunity – The Electoral Commission
Organization: The Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Department/Election Management
The Electoral Commission of Uganda, also Uganda Electoral Commission, is a constitutionally established organ of the Government of Uganda, whose mandate is to “organise and conduct regular, free and fair elections” in the country, in an efficient, professional and impartial manner. It was established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Principal Election Officer / Election Management will assist the Head of Department in supervising and coordinating information flow from other departments within the institution to aid in preparing for and carrying out a free and fair election.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and appraising subordinate staff;
- Assisting the Head of Department in the day to day running of the department;
- Identifying departmental training needs;
- Responsible for compiling departmental reports and preparing departmental budgets;
- Secretary to Directorate meetings;
- Designing control systems for materials used in nominations and elections;
- Supervising the printing, production and proof reading of ballot papers;
- Monitoring and evaluating election activities;
- Supervising the packing of polling kits;
- Executing other official tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Information Technology, Development Studies, Law or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above disciplines or a closely related field obtained from a recognized University/Institution.
- Six (6) years relevant working experience at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Election Officer in Electoral Commission or equivalent level of relevant experience in in a reputable organization.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Suite and other applicable statistical software;
- Ability to use e-government platforms;
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the work of staff engaged field electoral activities;
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders;
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties;
- High integrity;
- Knowledge of government administrative policies and procedures;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and capable of working well as a member of the organization’s senior management team.
- Age: 28 years and above.
How to Apply:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below;
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678
NB: Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ”
Deadline: Tuesday 4th August, 2020