Principal Election Officer / Policy Analyst Jobs – Electoral Commission
Organization: The Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Department/ Planning & Research
The Electoral Commission of Uganda, also Uganda Electoral Commission, is a constitutionally established organ of the Government of Uganda, whose mandate is to “organise and conduct regular, free and fair elections” in the country, in an efficient, professional and impartial manner. It was established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Principal Election Officer/ Policy Analyst will gather and analyse information for planning, formulation and development of relevant plans and policies in the Electoral Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and formulating relevant policy options within the Commission in conformity with the overall national policies.
- Conducting periodic/situational evaluation, review and update of existing policies within the Commission.
- Planning policy meetings and helping with compilation of policy information.
- Liaising with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to develop, review and update cross sectoral policies.
- Drafting policy proposals and concept papers on policy issues within the Commission.
- Developing the Commission’s annual and strategic plans.
- Performing related work as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Electoral Commission Principal Election Officer/ Policy Analyst must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Public Policy or Statistics or Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Administration, Political Science and Public Administration, Economics with a module in Policy Analysis) or Development Studies with a module in Policy Analysis and Planning plus a certificate in Public Policy and Training in Regulatory Best Practices from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Policy Analysis or Economics or Statistics or Project Planning and Management or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- A minimum of six years of relevant working experience at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Policy Analyst or Senior Economist or Senior Statistician in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Possession of critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS suite and statistical software.
- Ability to use e-government technology platforms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Age: 28 years and Above.
How to Apply:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below;
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678
NB: Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ”
Deadline: 11th September 2020