Principal- Vocational Training Centre Job Placement – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Principal- Vocational Training Centre
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Settlement Manager
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Principal of the Vocational Institute will have the responsibility to oversee the day to day operations of the Institute and to provide technical curriculum leadership and guidance in all the academic programs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the overall Accounting Officer of the institution and ensure proper planning, budgeting and accountability of the institution’s financial resources
- Plan, direct, coordinate and ensure effective implementation of the Institutions education programmes, students and staff activities within the limits set by Education authorities and the Board of Governors
- Attend to Human resource matters of the institution in conformity with the prevailing policies and statutory regulations
- Daily supervision of the department tutors and other staff at the Institute
- Initiate development projects for the institution and mobilize resources for their implementation
- Ensure annual reviews and enrichment of the Institution’s curriculum and report on the same
- Prepare progress and summary reports for presentation and submission to the relevant authorities and supervisors
- Establish and maintain relationships with other educational and industrial establishment.
- Perform any other tasks relevant to the job that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Principal- Vocational Training Centre job must hold a first degree in Engineering, Mechanics, other Technical course of study or Education (Technical)
- Post graduate qualifications in Technical / Vocational Teacher Education is a must for persons with first degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in computer, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Clear understanding of Vocational School Management
- Excellent management skills especially in the areas of finance and human resource
- Excellent teaching skills
- Independent decision making skills
- Excellent Oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision – Computer literate
- Mature; Commitment and understanding of the Organization’s core values and Education ethics
- High and proven integrity levels
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020