Printing and Publishing Manager Job Careers – Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation
Organization: Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC), is a state Corporation established by the Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation Act (Cap.330 of the Laws of the Republic of Uganda). The Corporation is mandated to provide security and commercial printing and publishing services to the Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies and to private individuals and organizations. UPPC developed a five year strategic plan (2017/18-2021/22) and carried out an organizational review intended to create a robust organizational structure that would enable it to deliver on the strategic plan.
Job Summary: To ensure an effective and efficient value chain and production process while taking care of the interests of all stakeholders from supplier to client management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the strategic plans for the printing and publishing department.
- Ensure effective contract management by availing clear specifications of production requirements and proper accountability of the same.
- Put systems in place to ensure proper value chain and production process management.
- Ensure timely reporting on the availability of raw materials, work in progress, quality of finished products, status of machinery and status of client satisfaction proposing any improvements in the system.
- Coordinate and effectively plan for timely production of jobs in the department;
- Ensure that quality printing and publishing works are delivered in time to clients in approved quantities.
- Develop, mentor and manage the departmental staff so as to create an effective and efficient working team.
- Ensure continuous value addition to the customer requests in liaison with the marketing team.
- Initiate product and service innovations to foster the Corporation’s competitiveness in the printing market.
- Ensure that daily production, stores and engineering reports from supervisors are checked.
- Monitor accurate receipt, recording and processing of orders from customers;
- Control discipline and workshop cleanliness within the printing and publishing section.
- Ensure health and safety of staff in the factory.
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of productivity in pursuance of UPPC strategic objectives.
- Good demonstration of job planning and scheduling capabilities to meet tight deadlines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Art and Design, Commercial Printing or any other related field with a Diploma or Certificate in Security Printing from a reputable Institution.
- Post graduate studies in Business Administration, Management or any related Business course.
- At least 8 years of experience in a printing and publishing entity, of which 6 (Six) years should have been at senior managerial level.
- Full knowledge and experience in Printing, Publishing, Designing, Costing, Marketing and Training.
- Good understanding of Total Quality managements and requirements of Security Printing
- Job planning and scheduling capabilities to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully, manage internal and external relationships
- Strong budget development, management and monitoring capacity
- High level of leadership, interpersonal skills and capacity to manage performance of technical production staff
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to foster good relationships with all stakeholders, including internal customers
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and to make effective oral presentations
- Ability to train Production staff while undertaking various activities and processes to meet Production Targets
- Computer proficient including word processing, spreadsheets, power point
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of Public Policy
- High level of integrity
- Should not be less than 35 years of age at the time of applying.
How to Apply:
All Interested persons who meet the required specifications are invited to apply to:
The Managing Director
Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC),
P.0. Box 33 Entebbe, Uganda
Applications can also be dropped at the UPPC Kampala office located at Airways
House, Ground Floor, Kimathi Avenue.
Also mark the envelope with the job applied for in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Enclose a CV, CERTIFIED copies of academic transcripts and certificates, Postal,
Telephone and Email address for both applicant and three professional referees
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 31st July 2020 at 5:00 pm