Procurement Manager Job Placement – Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL)
Organization: Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Business Solutions
Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL) is a Ugandan organization providing 3rd & 4th Party Logistics services, health commodities and medical devices to organizations that are futuristic.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager is a key sourcing position that will handle a variety of tasks ranging from initial supplier negotiations to more transactional duties including procurement of required quantities and quality of supplies, RFQs, purchase order entry, delivery tracking for purchases and other project orders, in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical guidance on procurement activities, overseeing all local and international procurement of medical and laboratory supplies throughout the procurement cycle, from planning to vendor performance evaluation.
- Regularly review procurement policies, procedures and strategies and make recommendations for improvement to enhance efficient and effective implementation of procurement and company goals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the procurement plan and ensure that it is in line with the procurement budget.
- Coordinate the prequalification of all suppliers, solicitation and evaluation process of bids in line with the procurement policies and procedures
- Manage and maintain all procurement documents including supplier contracts, LPOs in line with procurement SOPs.
- Participate in the identification and quantification of client needs as well as general concerns and ensure they are managed on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the issuance of contracts and LPOs to evaluated service providers/consultants in line with the procurement policy.
- Manage supplier contracts, evaluate supplier performance, and make recommendations in line with departmental SOPs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing, Biomedical Technology, or any other related course from a recognizable institution.
- Additional qualification in procurement e.g. CIPS is desirable.
- At least three years of related experience in the procurement and supplies of medical devices and equipment.
- Prior working experience in the procurement of medical and laboratory supplies is a must.
- Strong communication and report writing skills; proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- An excellent team player.
How to Apply:
All applicants should write your cover letter by email. Include the Position you are applying for in the subject / header of the mail. DO NOT attach a separate cover letter; your cover letter should be in the body of the email. Only ONE ATTACHMENT no greater than 2MB file size is allowed. The attachment should contain your CV and any other supporting documents. Submit the application email and attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications outside the above procedure may be disqualified.
Deadline: 16th September 2020 by 5:00pm