Procurement Officer Jobs – Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Organisation: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer actively contributes towards ensuring smooth and efficient management of the procurement processes and inventory/asset management, s/he will support the finance & administration team members in ensuring maintenance of comprehensive, transparent and accurate procurement processes as well as records
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the project on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy
- Compliance with procurement procedures as per Field Operations Manual.
- Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
- Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders
- Ensure three way matching of purchase order, Invoice and GRN
- Liaises with program officers, suppliers/service providers and provides logistical support in coordinating deliveries of program supplies to intended beneficiaries/location
- Carries out periodic controls to ensure that the filing system are properly used and that documents being regularly filed and easily accessible for compliance and audit reviews
- Develops and maintains an archive policy for the regional office based on contractual
- and legal requirements; supports the country offices to develop and maintain archiving policy
Motorcycle/motor vehicle Management
- Ensure appropriate policies are in place for management of motorcycles & motor vehicles
- Ensure a policy is in place; areas to concentrate – records, use, acquisition, organizational needs, Fuel procedures, disposal procedures etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in procurement & Logistics management Business Administration with a post-graduate qualification in procurement & Logistics management,
- Diploma in procurement and/or CIPS.
- Computer applications in Excel and Word
- Work experience in an INGO/NGO funded project of at least five years.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting;
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Adherence to UDHA’s values,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents addressed as below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com
The Executive Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA),
P.O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Deadline: 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE