Program Accountant USAID Project Jobs – Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization registered with the Uganda NGO Board and is committed to improving the quality of life of orphans and other vulnerable children.
About USAID ICYD Activity:
The USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (USAID ICYD Activity) aims to improve learning outcomes, advance HIV epidemic control in Uganda, and ensure that children and youth can lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The USAID ICYD Activity will deliver critical HIV/GBV/violence prevention and response services to children and youth and their families in communities, clinics, and schools. Within USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance Framework, USAID ICYD Activity will build the operational and technical capacity of four Ugandan Primary Local Partner (PLP) organizations to become direct recipients of USG funding within two years while strengthening government capacity to deliver core services to children within an integrated referral network and case management system.
Job Summary: The Program Accountant will be responsible for preparing periodic financial reports as advised by the donor, budget implementation and monitoring. The Program Accountant will report to the Finance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and processes expense submissions/reconciliations, and process field office payments.
- Support proposal budget preparation, working with the program team.
- Support management of program resources supervise administration of accounts and follow up budgets and expenditures.
- Preparation of budget revisions.
- Determination of unutilized funds.
- Financial Management of the project and providing follow up at regional level.
- Ensure consolidation, reporting and analysis of financial and accounting data for the project.
- Work closely with procurement Officer for purchasing of equipment and supplies for the program.
- Preparation of monthly bank and mobile money reconciliation statements for review by the Finance Manager.
- Review monthly fuel consumption reports, vehicle repairs and maintenance and asset register.
- Support project manager and officers with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
- Ensure that project cash flows are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the day to day finances, including processing invoices and following up on payments.
- Manage the external audit and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
- Work with the Project team to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled
- Ensure that all financial documents are safely stored and archived.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports as required by the Project management team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce of Business Administration, with at least one of the two qualifications of ACCA or CPA.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field in an NGO setting.
- Excellent Accounting skills
- Computing Skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerized accounting software.
- Good communication and listening skills, excellent knowledge in financial Reporting, Pays Attention to Detail and Deadline-Oriented, Ability to work under pressure and Able to manage high volume workload.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an application letter and curriculum vitae electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only electronic applications will be considered. (All applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: 13th November 2020 by 5 pm.
NB: We shall only respond to shortlisted candidates. All invitations for interviews will be done formally.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit an online application via the link. https://bit.ly/3elPQFE