Program Engineer Jobs – Engineers Without Borders USA
Organization: Engineers Without Borders USA
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Engineers Without Borders Canada was founded in 2000 by CEOs, George Roter and Parker Mitchell on a napkin in a coffee shop. Engineers Without Borders creates change by supporting social innovations in Canada and Africa that can break the systems that sustain poverty. We promote policies to foster more equitable development. We invest in leaders who enable others to reach their full potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project reports submitted by individual EWB-USA chapters/program staff for conformance with our vision, mission, principles of development, and policies.
- Exercise engineering judgment to make sound technical decisions regarding project plans.
- Work with various experts in the field to ensure that the proposed projects are of a high-quality technical level, and can be sustained by the partner community.
- Work with and manage external technical reviewers on project reviews.
- Review of reports for conformance with our M&E System.
- Communicate with the EWB-USA chapters/program staff to guide them through the review process and provide feedback on their project.
- Manage programs to move high quality projects through the project process approvals in a timely, efficient manner, and within budget.
- Provide technical and community development expertise to assist student and professional EWB-USA members in the assessment, design and implementation of culturally and technically appropriate projects.
- Support educational and training activities for EWB- USA members at conferences and in the development of education and knowledge sharing resources.
- Support the country office through the development of technical resources and project processes.
- Coordinate with the Country Office staff to address chapter/ program request.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in the areas of Civil, Environmental, Electrical, Structural, or Construction.
- Six years of experience working as an engineer, 3 years of which implementing community development infrastructure projects.
- Strong project management skills, including prioritizing tasks and problem solving.
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks.
- Highly developed ability to work independently within a strong teamwork ethos, as well as collaboratively with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written (in English).
- Computer literacy, including AutoCAD, Epanet, Microsoft Suite and Google Suite.
- Driver’s license
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs to info.Uganda@ewb-usa.org
Deadline: 15th April 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020