Program Manager NGO Careers – Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Organisation: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FRC is an NGO promoting Adult Education and Community Development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to OPM and UNHCR. FRC Country Program for 2022 – 2025 is consisting of various projects in relation to creating education opportunities through acquisition and use of functional and rights literacy – including financial literacy, language & life and business skills for adults, Improved economic opportunities and enhancing GVB protection, access to justice and inter- and intra-community conflicts mediation.
Job Summary: The Program Manager supervises and guides directly 4-6 staff; Team Leaders and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality leadership, management and monitoring – 30 %
- Coordinate planning processes with project implementing staff to ensure integration of FRC principles and crosscutting objectives, proper understanding of project goals, objectives and results, and to include all key stakeholders.
- Provide lead and supervision ensuring that all planned activities, outputs and impacts are achieved within budget and time frame.
- In coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, support active monitoring and evaluation and make adjustments to improve quality and effectiveness.
- In coordination with HR and Administrative unit, ensure that agreements and protocols with all technical partners (OPM, UNHCR, local government, consortium partners, local partners etc.) are in place and fulfilled.
- Manage and provide support to project Team Leaders and field staff in planning and implementation of projects, ensuring adequate monitoring, reviewing of progress and beneficiary feedback, identifying corrective actions and capturing learning, and ensuring that learning is shared between projects.
- Facilitate submission of quality project reports on time, using agreed formats.
Program development and design – 30%
- In collaboration with Country Director (CD), provide strategic direction to FRC Uganda program and project planning, implementation and advance project integration and cooperation.
- Assist CD in identification of new donors and preparation of grant applications to secure resources for FRC Uganda program.
- Promote coordination and joint working between stakeholders and operational projects to ensure impact, influence and scale up within the FRC Uganda program.
Staff management and development, financial management – 30%
- Lead and manage implementing project staff in order to ensure clarity over strategy, plans and priorities.
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork and inclusiveness through regular meetings and events to project team leaders and field staff.
- Create structured opportunities for learning among project implementing staff, ensuring internal and external evaluations and reviews are undertaken as appropriate. Ensure recommendations are implemented and learning is shared.
- Support and participate in project staff recruitment, induction, arrange in-house training and performance evaluation when applicable.
- Manage relationships and contracts with consultants and technical partners.
Partnerships, networking and advocacy – 10%
- In agreement with CD, develop and sustain relationships and effective communication with relevant stakeholders, including local government, national networks and other agencies working with refugees in Uganda, or seeking joint funding.
- Identify & engage in relevant refugee work coordination mechanism as agreed by CD.
- Communicate with HR, Finance, Administration, Logistics and Information units to ensure that projects are well understood, and information is available for their work.
- Contribute, where appropriate, to advocacy and information work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters’ degree in Project / NGO Management / Development Studies / Adult Education.
- At least eight years experience, of which 3 on managerial position in NGO setting.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and project management and design.
- Skills and experience in adult education, training and material development is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitable qualified and interested candidates should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include salary request + max. 4-page CV + contacts of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates!!
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 25thMay 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda