Program Officer – HN Adolescents Job Careers – Ministry of Health
Organisation: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH.
Job Summary: The Program Officer – HN Adolescents will be tasked with developing, reviewing and disseminating appropriate policies, support implementation and scale-up of adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support services including capacity building, support supervision and research. Adolescents are lagging behind across the cascade of HIV testing, linkage to care, adherence, retention in care and viral suppression. Central to improving these outcomes is implementing effective interventions to ensure comprehensive service delivery to adolescents living with HIV.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, reviewing, implementing and monitoring policies, plans, strategies, guidelines and standards in adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support.
- Coordinating meetings with implementing partners and other key stakeholders in relation to adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support service delivery Providing guidance in strategic and operational planning and budgeting for adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support services
- Coordinating capacity building and development activities targeting implementing partners, districts, facilities, and other health workers at various levels for improved adolescent care and treatment as well as psychosocial support service delivery. Providing technical support to a broad portfolio of implementing partners, districts, facilities, and organizations to ensure quality adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial service delivery using a variety of programmatic approaches
- Guiding, supervising, monitoring and coordinating implementation of activities to ensure quality psychosocial and adolescent HIV care and treatment services.
- Promoting and enhancing collaboration and linkages between relevant government entities, Non-government Organizations and communities to ensure comprehensive service delivery to adolescents living with HIV
- Supporting research initiatives related to adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support services
- Preparing and submitting periodic programme and activity reports as well as other financial accountability reports in relation to adolescent HIV care and treatment and psychosocial support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or Epidemiology from a recognized university OR Institution.
- Honors degree in Social Sciences, Arts or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution Trainings in social research methods and Behavior change communication for health from reputable institutions will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in implementing HIV& AIDS related programs at national or regional level
- Through knowledge and understanding of the national HIV & AIDS program and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop IEC/BCC programmes
- A team player with good negotiation, interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Familiarity with commonly used computer packages e.g. Power Point, Ms Word, Internet and Ms Excel
How to Apply:
All candidates should send handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Deadline: Friday, 10th September 2021 by 5:00 pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Salary and Benefits: The position has attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.