Program Officer, Immunization Program NGO Jobs – PATH
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
Job Summary: The Program Officer, Immunization Program will oversee the planning and implementation of the Gavi funded technical assistance for HPV vaccine project, as well as other related immunization support to Ministry of Health by PATH. He/She will ensure that the projects are managed and implemented according to expectations from the donor, Ministry of Health and other partners, including sub-national stakeholders in selected districts that PATH will be supporting. Reporting to the Country Director, the ideal candidate will provide supervisory oversight to a small team of other program officers in PATH’s country immunization program. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management to the Gavi HPV vaccine project on a day-to-day basis, including all requirements for activity planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting,
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and Sports, other technical partners and key immunization stakeholders to jointly plan and implement project activities effectively,
- Develop reports, concepts and other documentation required by the donor periodically, and for engagement with the project leads at headquarters and at country level,
- Working with the country team, engage target district stakeholders to identify barriers to HPV vaccine uptake and jointly plan to address them within the project scope,
- Conduct operational research to discover innovative approaches to implement the project, sustainably increase immunization uptake, and identify opportunities for additional work,
- Contribute to PATH’s overall competency in immunization through engagement with other country teams to share lessons from project work, and where necessary provide technical assistance to other teams,
- Support UNEPI program in improving efficiency and effectiveness in immunization activities.
- Participate in key meetings at national and sub-national levels largely related to HPV immunization and health systems opportunities at country level and globally.
- Supervise and motivate a team of officers at country level to ensure overall team effectiveness.
- Participate in the PATH-wide HPV Technical Assistance (TA) team activities, such as regular teleconferences, email collaboration with other PATH officers in other countries, face-to-face meetings, sharing of experiences and information, etc.
- Participate in other Uganda Country Program activities that aim at building or strengthening activities in Uganda.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this position should possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, or any related field.
- Should have proven project management experience to plan all components of the project effectively including budget management, timelines and scope,
- A minimum of five years of experience working in the immunization/ health sector with Ministries of Health at both national and sub-national level,
- Be well-versed with Uganda’s health system structure, and preferably a clear understanding of the immunization program,
- Competent to engage with various stakeholders at country level and globally to articulate different issues pertaining to the work,
- Competent in communication via email, as PATH is a very email reliant organization.
- Should be analytical with the ability to produce clear, technical and high quality documents to be shared across various project stakeholders,
- Flexible to fit into various partners’ schedules to accomplish tasks, as well as support and work with various teams across PATH, and work with teams from different spheres of work to deliver project work.
- Ability to design and lead implementation research initiatives in collaboration with the project team members to inform project work,
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply their updated CVs and cover letters online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st June 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020