Program Partner, MSME Job Careers – Mastercard Foundation
Organization: Mastercard Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Lead, MSME
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
Job Summary: The Program Partner, MSME will work with Program Leads and Partners to provide technical expertise in the development of programs and interventions, help partners build a shared understanding of key issues and opportunities related to growing MSME employment in the country, and contributes to the Foundation’s learning agenda.
Reporting to the Program Lead, MSME, the Program Partner will work collaboratively with colleagues within the country team to support a portfolio of existing programs and partnerships that promote financial inclusion, support MSMEs and the MSME ecosystem. They will interact effectively with program directors and managers of partner organizations to design, implement, monitor and review programs that involve enterprise development and growth, business development services, fintech solutions and incorporate appropriate MSME support services into the Foundation’s programs in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify challenges and opportunities facing MSMEs, particularly young entrepreneurs in the Agricultural, Construction/Housing, Tourism/Hospitality, Manufacturing as well as other emerging sectors that can be unlocked through skilling, business development services and financial systems to create work opportunities.
- Support the Foundation partners to strengthen their ability to support MSMEs and MSME support system in an effort to identify barriers and co-design solutions.
- Support review of current and upcoming partnerships to distil insights and promote quality of program implementation during design, implementation and the regular periodic review of their progress.
- Strengthen the integration and co-implementation of interventions that involve direct or indirect support to MSME growth and development in the Eco-system.
- Provide perspective and expertise on emerging issues and trends in MSME sector, entrepreneurship growth and the role of MSME employment in Uganda.
- Build relationships with like minded organizations, communities of practice, and global stakeholders to expand knowledge and contribute to the dialogue on MSME.
- Closely work with sector leads, synthesize opportunities and constraints of MSMEs and provide technical guidance and support to address the challenges and leverage opportunities.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team through sharing knowledge and insights and by co-managing portfolios.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must preferably hold a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business and Development Economics
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in business development support, financing and non-financial support to MSMEs or new enterprises is highly preferred. This should include experience in the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in project design and management with focus on enterprise development and MSME support.
- Good understanding of MSME segments (from early stage startups to growth-stage SMEs) in Africa and the systemic challenges constraining their growth, with a particularly understanding of the Uganda context.
- Experience working on MSME support programs in Uganda and knowledge of Ugandan and East African social, economic, regulatory, business and political contexts.
- Strong ability to capture, synthesize and communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues, partners and the wider network of practitioners.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Proactive, engaged, a self-starter, flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity with a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2020