Programme Accountant NGO Job Opportunities – World Vision International
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Summary: The Programme Accountant will provide financial technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and ProVision requests from the programme/cluster for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis
- Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the programme/ cluster and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations by 10th following month
Financial planning & budget management:
- Complete and consolidate the programme/AP Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
- Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the programme/ cluster and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month
- Take lead in the cluster internal and external audit and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, that is within the 90 days
- Update asset registers to monitor and manage programme/ cluster assets) in accordance with WV Finance Manual on quarterly basis
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
- Provide technical financial support and hands on to programme/ cluster Assistant Accountants, Program staff and partners within the cluster
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Programme Accountant job must possess a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience in an INGO setting
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- The position is based at the cluster/project office but may require ability and willingness to travel to communities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 15th December 2020