Programme Associate UN Job Vacancies – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Associate SC6 (108509) will provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Supervisor and Satellite Offices to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of implementation of activities.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government in monitoring and reporting, data capture and management and invoice management.
- Act as a Focal point for reports and invoice management providing timely feedback to internal and external client
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have at least 7 years of professional postgraduate experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Nutrition, VAM and others related.
- Has excellent knowledge of the programme life cycle.
- Has worked with various stakeholders; UN agencies, Government of Uganda, operational and cooperating partners.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Local languages/dialects is a plus.
- Excellent Analytical skills, report writing skills and ability to work under minimum supervision, attention to detail and able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good community engagement skills
- Good presentation skills, Negotiation skills
- Good training skills, hardworking, calm, mature, logical, culturally sensitive, result oriented and interest in humanitarian development
- Proficient in MS Office
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from Uganda with Ugandan Nationality are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 16th December 2019