Project Administrator Job Placements – Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Organization: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Commissioner, Mines
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, also Ministry of Energy, Oil and Mineral Development is one of the governmental bodies of Uganda. The ministry has the function of developing and implementing policies related to electricity, minerals, petroleum and petroleum products
About the Project:
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
Job Summary: Prepare action plans; analyze risks and opportunities and managing the project resources, and providing project specific support as set by the Project Coordinator Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day administrative support to the project team.
- Prepare for team meetings, record meeting minutes.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, impact and consolidate progress reports on project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Development Studies or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution Postgraduate Diploma in any of the above fields is a must
- At least four (4) years of professional working experience as a Project Administrator or similar management role in a recognized and competitive institution
- Competencies: In depth knowledge in project management, excellent communication skills (oral/written), ethics and integrity, time management, decision making. Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Excel, Access), extremely organized and focused, excellent interpersonal skills; ability to motivate and keep staff on task, Team player, propensity for multi-tasking, Self-motivated, customer centric and have good analytical thinking.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House
Deadline: 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm