Project Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Job Placement – Akola Project
Organization: Akola Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Akola Project is a non-profit, social business that empowers women by facilitating vocational training, employment opportunities, savings and loans associations, education programs, support groups and leadership development.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator, Entrepreneurship will be responsible for education and mentorship in entrepreneurship and small business management skills. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Program Manager to design and deliver participatory training content to 150 women and provide follow-up support. This is a full-time position based in Jinja, Uganda, with travel to the field as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and embody the organization’s goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain program activities that support the achievement of the Organization’s goals and promote a positive work culture
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to 150 beneficiaries (the “members”)
- Lead implementation of all activities, including training logistics and communication to staff and members
Training and Mentorship
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager and team members to design needs- and evidence-based training content
- Deliver training to members on a monthly basis
- Provide supportive mentorship to members to monitor progress and provide targeted support
- Ensure training documentation and record-keeping is managed accurately and efficiently
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation activities, when needed, to track progress and impact
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in community development or related field
- Professional experience in developing curriculum, administering trainings, or working in an educational context essential
- Experience in non-profit setting and a cross-cultural development context preferred
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial and business management principles
- Experience working with marginalized communities
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in both English and Lusoga
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work collaboratively with people in a respectful and productive manner
- Hunger to continually learn and improve
- You understand that your role is a full-time position that should be taken seriously.
- You share a heart for the vision, mission and values of Akola Project.
- You agree with Akola’s approach to Christian ministry in Uganda.
- You are comfortable working in a cross-cultural working environment.
- You possess strong organizational skills, self-initiative, problem-solving abilities, and an interest in women’s empowerment.
- You possess a respectful and mature attitude towards different cultures, faiths, customs, ways of life.
- You are willing to work long and unpredictable hours and travel long distances as necessary.
- You are willing to take initiative and do what is necessary to further the vision of the organization.
- You are a self-starter and are able to follow through on ideas with minimal guidance.
- You approach unexpected challenges with patience and confidence, using your talents to find new ways of accomplishing tasks.
- You are willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed and be flexible as needed
- You are able to effectively communicate with others and efficiently delegate tasks as needed.
- You exhibit the utmost integrity and transparency when handling company finances.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You have the capacity to juggle multiple requests and consistently meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) and contact information for two references to email@example.com with subject line “Application: Project Coordinator.”
Deadline: 18th June 2019.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020