Project Coordinator EU SEP Project Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Projects Manager
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
About EU SEP Project:
With funding from the European Union, WIU is implementing the Skills for Employment Project (SEP) which seeks to build the productivity of refugees and host community youth and young women to overcome livelihood constraints to consequently enhance and sustain their socio-economic status.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will provide leadership, management and strategic vision to the implementation of the project. He/ She is responsible for ensuring that the project meet targets and deliverables on-time and within budget. He/ She will also be responsible for the coordination, monitoring and Evaluation of vocational skills training activities under the EU Project in the districts of Koboko, Yumbe and Obongi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the Lead in providing professional guidance to the project task team for effective implementation of activities under the Project.
- Monitor the progress of project activities and ensure that targets are met
- Conduct regular support supervision visits to verify activities at the field stations; provide comprehensive reports on project progress for management and draft donor reports
- Ensure the production of sensitization materials for community mobilization towards sustainability of schools and girl’s education
- Competently supervise and monitor activities and performance of the Project Assistants and Project Officers based at the field locations
- Develop suitable and effective educational monitoring and evaluation tools
- Ensure preparation of quality success stories for the project that enhance WIU visibility
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly budgets are in place and financial performance reports are prepared thereof
- Monitor financial performance of each project and ensure alignment to the project goals and timelines
- Liaise with and communicate effectively with donors and partners and all implementing partners in their assigned regions
- Represent WIU at inter agency and coordination meetings pertaining to the Auxiliary Projects education programme
- Facilitate community participation in education affairs under the Projects
- Document all project activities and ensure comprehensive performance reports are drawn in accordance with set schedules to inform decision making
- Receive, review and analyze the reports provided by Project Coordinator, M&E Officers for correctness, completeness and verify the data and information therein
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Education, Development studies, Social Sciences or any related courses;
- A postgraduate qualification in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education Management or any related field
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills in project management
- Experience in dealing with donors
- Experience of working with multimedia tools (i.e. broadcast and video or radio technology, social media)
- Proven knowledge of Uganda Educational systems and wide networks with key Education institutions
- Able and willing to travel frequently to rural areas and work in project environment
- Ability to develop and supervise a team of professionals
- Ability to work independently within guidelines and clear expectations.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential), and
- Excellent command of the English language, (written, oral, comprehension) including highly developed drafting skills; communication and presentation skills
- Excellent social media and multimedia skills
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong team building skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to tolerate educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently with other students and members of the communities within the Refugee settlements
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th February 2020