Project Coordinator Job Placements – Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organisation: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) received funding from the European Commission through the Horizon2020 research and innovation action to conduct an
implementation science study to enhance cardiovascular disease prevention in Mukono and Buikwe districts in Uganda. The evaluation follows a stepped wedge design to measure effectiveness and implementation outcomes. MakSPH seeks to hire candidates for field-based research assistants (duration: 1 month) in 20 selected parishes in Mukono and Buikwe districts.
About the project:
Makerere University School of Public Health is a recipient of a 21 months grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation through the University of California San Francisco, to facilitate the evaluation of the self-injection family planning project, code named ICAN Study.
Job Summary: The main purpose of the study is “Building the evidence base for unlocking demand self-injection”
Your overall responsibility as the Project Manager is to coordinate the implementation of the project, coordinate the day-to-day operations of the research team and linking and harmonizing the research team activities with those of the prime.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead in the drafting of specific project work plans and ensuring that they are well aligned with the overall project objectives
- Ensuring the activities are done within agreed timelines
- Lead the drafting and writing specific project reports
- Provide overall organization and support to field teams during data collection activities.
- Ensure that all field logistics are always available at the site and accessible to field team whenever needed
- Ensure that the field team develop and adhere to approved work-plans against specified objectives
- Participate in organizing seminars, writing blogs, policy briefs
- Ensure proper documentation and storage of project reports and other relevant documents
- Participate in authorship in peer reviewed journals with a target of one manuscript per year
- Lead or co-lead in grant writing with a target of one application written per year.
- Any other duties in line with the project objectives that may be assigned by the PI
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The person should be a medical doctor preferably with a post graduate training or Masters in Public Health, Epidemiology or its equivalent
- At Least five years relevant working experience preferably in maternal child health care.
- Ability and willing to work in rural areas or frequently visit the implementation districts for supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address their applications to: The Dean,
Makerere University School of Public Health, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072, Kampala,
Uganda. The softcopy application should be sent via email to the project administrator, Kaljim2002@gmail.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the Email subject
Late applications will not be considered. The application must provide the names and contacts of two referees, and the applicant’s phone contacts together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd June 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda